To ensure the highest quality finished product Excelsior SuperFoods performs a variety of in-house and 3rd party quality testing to ensure the finished product conforms to specified identity, purity, strength, and composition. This is achieved through the following tests:
- Microbiological Testing (3M Plates – In-house) – Aerobic/Total Plate Count,Yeast and Mold, E-Coli , Salmonella, Staphylococcus aureus, Enterobacteriaceae, Coliforms
- Identity Testing – High Performance Thin Layer Chromatography (HPTLC) and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) – (In-house) – Ensuring that incoming ingredients match Botanical and/or Chemical Reference Materials to ensure identity is correct. Ensuring that finished products match in house botanical reference blends.
- Gluten Testing using (EZ Gluten -In-house) – All finished products are tested to be less than 10 ppm gluten. High risk ingredients such as grasses are tested before being received into inventory.
- Truganic™ Pesticide, Irradiation, GMO Testing (3rd party ISO Certified Labs) – Both ingredients and finished products are tested annually to ensure compliance to ensure products free of these contaminants.
- Heavy Metal Testing (3rd party ISO Certified Labs) – Arsenic, Cadmium, Mercury, Lead. Tested to conform with USP (United States Pharmacopeia), FDA (Food and Drug Administration), AHPA (American Herbal Products Association).
- Solvent Testing (3rd party ISO Certified Labs) – Ingredients are tested to ensure botanical extracts are free of solvents.
- Extract Assay Testing (3rd party ISO Certified Labs) – Extracts are tested to ensure they meet the guaranteed analysis as specified.